Monday 23 January 2012

The Princess Returns....

And this time she's bought back up... In the form of little sister Elsie. 
Between the two of them they have firmly reminded me of exactly who is boss in our household, and it isn't me! Heidi has tonsillitis again, and has gone back to her regal ways of lying on the sofa making demands, although she's not quite as dramatic as before, no angel to watch over her this time. Elsie, who after watching Heidi's masterclass before decided she would give a go as well. So she developed bronchiolitis... this was not supposed to happen, Elsie is my easy baby, Heidi is the one who has the ambulance and hospital obsession. Ok, so it's only a mild case, and we managed to smile sweetly enough at the out of hours doctor that she decided we could go to the local A & E on our own, without the ambulance. Once there it was just a case of sitting and waiting, her sats, heart rate and resp rate were all borderline, so we waited until they were just under or over what they needed to be and off home we trotted. On the way out I realised, I don't know the way out, I was so used to being transferred over to the childrens ward from A & E that I didn't know where to go! Realising we'd had a lucky escape I walked as fast as I could out of there, before they called us back.
Heidi and Elsie have spent the days since this crying out their demands, being waited on hand and foot, with tempting foods and lots of entertaining. 
I love my girls to bits and I'm forever grateful for any time that we are not in hospital, and I appreciate that especially for Heidi this recent illness is pretty insignificant, but girls if you're going to keep up this princess lifestyle then how about finding mummy a prince to help out! :)

6 comments:

  1. Naughty girls! And note mummy said prince not frog....

    Sorry to read they're ill again. Some children have no manners these days! You'd better have lots of medicinal chocolate biscuits to keep your strength up. It's such a bittersweet milestone when you ESCAPE from hospital without an admission....but still have a poorly person to deal with. Hoping for speedy recovery and a better end of winter.

    By the way, I noticed you're around Sidmouth; my family religiously went on annual summer holidays there since I was a baby. Very fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A prince that is a peadiatric doctor on the side would be best :)
      Where did you used to stay in sidmouth? It is a lovely place to live in the summer, long days on the beach and the best ice-cream shop x

      Delete
    2. We used to stay in various holiday cottages in Sidbury and Sidmouth itself. My family were/are some of those nutcases that annually invade for the folk festival in August.
      The ice cream shop is amazing. Who wants to watch morris dancing when you can have a ferror rocher ice cream? Mmmmmm

      A Paediatric-doctor prince would be fantastic. If there's more than one , I'll have the spare!

      Delete
    3. I'm sure finding two peadiatric doctors/princes will be easy to find :)
      Ferero Rocher is my favourite as well. After becoming a cynical and grumpy local for a while regarding the folk festival I'm now back to enjoying it again, Heidi had great fun last year watching all the weirdos lol

      Delete
  2. PS meant to mention my lovely friend in the post who came and kept me company in a & e, she also bought me food and tea. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome and congratulations on turning down half a twix, you're a stronger woman than me!

    ReplyDelete